Catalog Fines and FeesStaff Picks: Coming Soon!
- Our Adult Room has a large and growing collection of both fiction and non-fiction. Our fiction collection is divided into General Fiction, Mystery, Romance, Western, Science Fiction/Fantasy, and Large Print sections.
- The Children’s Room’s books are divided by age and reading levels. We currently have thousands of books, including board books, picture books, juvenile readers (for those learning to read), chapter books, intermediate fiction, popular series, and a large non-fiction section that is especially helpful for school assignments.
- The Library’s Adult Room has a collection of over 4,500 DVDs, which grow monthly with new releases and additions of old favorites.
- This collection includes feature films, documentaries, exercise and health videos, as well as season sets of your favorite television series on DVD. We also have a small, but growing, collection of movies on Blu-Ray.
- Be sure to participate in our “Vote to Add TV on DVD” program downstairs in the Adult Room. Every day you visit, you can vote for your favorite television series. The votes are counted each month, with a season of the winning series added to the collection.
- Our Children’s Room has over 1,000 DVDs, including family and kid-friendly feature films, television series sets, and educational videos for children.
- Our DVDs check out for one week, with a maximum of 10 DVDs per patron, and a limit of 2 new releases, at a time. Our Blu-Rays check out for one week, with a maximum of 2 at a time, and they do count toward your DVD total.
- The Albion District Library Adult room has over 800 audiobooks on CD.
- The Children’s Room also has a growing collection of books on CD from popular authors, for ages 12 and under.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks in every genre (fiction, non-fiction, and children’s) are available free with your Albion District Library card to read on your computer or transfer to your favorite portable device through a service called OverDrive. All you need is your library card and a computer or device (like a smart phone or tablet) with internet access to download up to 10 eBooks or eAudiobooks at a time.
- For more information on this service, or on the next free OverDrive class here at the Library, please visit or call the Library at (517) 629-3993.
- We have a selection of local, regional, and national newspapers available for in-library reading in our Adult Room including Battle Creek Enquirer, Detroit Free Press, Jackson Citizen Patriot, Morningstar, New York Times, The Recorder, and the Wall Street Journal.
- The Albion District Library holds current subscriptions of over 75 popular magazines, including Brides, Consumer Reports, Cosmopolitan, Diabetic Living, Ebony, Good Housekeeping, Jet, Knit Simple, National Geographic, Oprah Magazine, People, People: En Espanol, Prevention, Readers Digest: Large Print, Real Simple, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated, US Weekly, Vogue, and Women’s Health.
- We have many others in our Teen area (MAD Magazine, Otaku USA, Game Informer, etc.), Children’s Room (Family Fun, Parenting: Early Years, WWE Kids, etc.), and our Local History Room (Michigan History Magazine, Family Tree Magazine, etc.).
- All of our magazines (past the current month) are available for check out. For more information, or to check to discover if we carry a particular magazine, please call the Library’s Front Desk at (517) 629-3993.